We’re stretching our creative muscles to make you think:
Test your knowledge of Border Partners work. The correct answers are found at the end of this post. (No fair peeking.) How well can you score on some BP basic info? Try it yourself and see.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Border Partners’ primary activities?
b. Distributing used clothing
c. Teaching nutrition classes
d. Making and delivering meals to isolated seniors
e Organizing sports activities
f. Offering computer classes for children and adults
2. In what year did Border Partners begin working with people in Palomas.
3. The name of the Mexican State where Palomas is located.
4. A generous donation from the Diaz family from Deming will enable us to replace what important equipment?
a. The computers in our Education Center
b. The truck used for gardening projects
c. Our kitchen stove
d. The van used for delivering meals to seniors
5. What are some of the benefits of the Biochar we use in our gardens?
a. It sequesters carbon in the soil.
b. It makes the soil more able to retain moisture.
c. It permanently improves the soil.
d. All of the above.
6. How many community greenhouses does Border Partners currently operate?
7. Which is NOT one of the activities of our group of Promotoras?
a. Checking blood pressure
b. Teaching zumba classes
c. Preparing meals every weekday for twenty isolated seniors
d. Teaching healthy sexuality to teens
e. Giving COVID tests
f. Weeding our gardens
g. Distributing food to needy families
h. Checking blood glucose levels
i. Teaching nutrition classes
8. What do our supporters/Partners do for the people of Palomas?
a. CHANGE LIVES!
b. CREATE OPPORTUNITIES!
c. OFFER HOPE!
d. All of the above.
Answers: 1:b 2:b 3:c 4:a 5:d 6:c 7:f 8:d
Congratulations for completing the quiz! If you got 8 right, you are a FULL FLEDGED PARTNER. If you got any of them right, we appreciate your interest in our work! YOU are a supporter simply by reading our website or our e-newsletter. Your time and attention help us continue to do our best to create new options where there are few options.