Specific ways you can help Border Partners improve life in impoverished communities:
- Contribute. Use our secure online Paypal donation service to make your tax-deductible contribution right now:
Donate to Border Partners Today!
Donation by check avoids online processing fees and ensures that all your contribution will directly support Border Partners’ programs. Make checks payable to Border Partners and mail donations to:
Contribute to Border Partners in the name of a loved one. Birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions…all occasions are appropriate to help others as a gift to a significant person. We will acknowledge any financial gift you make in the name of another, letting them know you honored them.
PO Box 1435
Deming, NM 88031
Contributions to Border Partners are U.S. tax-deductible.
- Buy our products. Order fair-trade oilcloth products from Palomas Oilcloth Designs, designed and sewn in the homes of Palomas residents.
- Shop for us on Amazon Smile.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your AmazonSmile.com purchases to Border Partners. Same products, same prices, same service. Support us by starting your shopping at AmazonSmile.com. Register, shop and make a difference.
Volunteer your time.
- Plan and organize a fundraiser for Border Partners
- Organize a group to come for a work day (church? youth?). Home repair needs are pressing. We’ve got the tools. We’ll help your group make a concrete difference in someone’s life.
- Volunteer to search the internet to look for resources we can access to improve lives in Mexico. Can we receive technology equipment? Books for children? Help us acquire materials, and we’ll put them to immediate use.
- Teach the oilcloth coordinator to use Quicken
- Research teaching materials (in Spanish) to assist Mexican school teachers.
- Serve as a marketing intern for Palomas Oilcloth Designs
Opportunities in Palomas (Spanish not necessary):
- Teach a class (English? computer skills? basic math? health topics, business skills, art or your special skill?)
- Practice English with student(s) at a school
- Spend a day helping Border Partners do projects
- Help someone repair their home or install donated windows and doors (good for an individual or a service group)
Opportunities in Deming, NM (or nearby):
- Find and/or pick up donated materials (see below for list of needs)
- Organize a fundraiser
- Arrange for us to speak for a group about our work
From your home anywhere:
- Sell oilcloth products on ebay or etsy.com or at an art fair in your area
- Do online research on various topics as needed
- Make posters to publicize events
Find and donate materials to support our work!
Current items needed:
- Bike repair supplies
- Sports equipment, soccer, volley balls and basketball, shoes, pads, nets
- Computers – less than five years old, with a minimum of 4G RAM and Internet capable.
- Fencing: chicken wire, 2”x4” grid, cyclone and posts
- Materials for repairing homes: plexiglass to repair windows; doors; hinges and locks; plywood and sheet rock (whole sheets)
- Pipe: any size, ½ inch to 6 inch diameter; any length 4 feet or more
- Construction and woodworking supplies
- Gardening equipment and tools: picks, shovels, rakes, digging bar and trowels
- Library books in Spanish – Used books are acceptable.
- School supplies (markers, crayons, paper, pencils, notebooks etc.)
- Small pickup truck or van
- Medical supplies and equipment
~Contact us to arrange for pickup of donated materials.